From the beginning of time, our bodies depend on water to survive. Every cell, tissue, and organ in our bodies need water to function properly. For example, our bodies use water to maintain its temperature, remove waste, and lubricate our joints. Water is needed for overall good health. When our bodies’ needs aren’t met, dehydration follows.
Signs of dehydration:
- Little or no urine.
- Urine that is darker than usual.
- Dry mouth.
- Sleepiness or fatigue.
- Extreme thirst.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness.
- No tears when crying.
If staying hydrated is difficult for you, here are some tips that can help:
1. Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. To reduce your costs, carry a reusable water bottle and fill it with tap water.
2. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try H2rOse: a rose water and saffron infused beverage that not only hydrates you but also provides multiple health benefits. At only 60 calories per bottle, H2rOse is the perfect beverage for a balanced lifestyle without compromising on flavor. H2rOse water comes in 4 different flavors, wild berry, peach, apple, and mango.
3. Drink water or H2rOse before, during, and after a workout.
4. When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight-loss plan.
5. If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. For example, drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Or, drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
Staying hydrated is so important. Don’t wait until you notice symptoms of dehydration to start taking action! Start drinking more water today!